A highly experiential, transformational workshop for people going through the heartbreak of separation and divorce.
Saturday, January 20, 2018
“Every relationship only has a moment more to complete itself…Most relationships disappear like Narcissus into the denser realms of consciousness. Indeed, even death cannot break a bond like the disunion of hearts. The loss of a desired relationship through divorce, because it has an added element of abandonment, can be yet more painful that a loss through death…Death [of a loved one] breaks the human heart, but abandonment shreds it.”
- Has your heart been run through the shredder as you go through your painful breakup, separation, and/or divorce?
- Are you unsure of who you are, what you want, feeling stuck in limbo between what has ended and what is yet to begin?
- Has your bleeding heart been left for dead in the driveway of your home as your ex speeds off towards his/her new life without you?
- Do you fear that you will become bitter and close your heart in reaction to being hurt?
- Are you certain, yet afraid, that you will never love again and will be destined to live the rest of your life in loneliness and despair?
Reflecting on my own experience of my divorce 20 years ago, one thing is for certain. It was absolute hell. And, I managed to get through it. My divorce was a catalyst for me to begin on a path of self-development, healing, and growth that ultimately led to a transformation for me both personally and professionally.
And, I went through it mostly on my own. I wish I had had the kind of support that is offered at this workshop during that heart-wrenching time.
The sad truth is that it’s really challenging to find the right kind of support when you are in the process of dismantling your marriage, your family core, your life. Friends who you thought would be there aren't. Family is in upheaval and not necessarily available to you due to their own pain. Best friends – who are usually amazing – will lose their capacity for unconditional acceptance of where you are in time. People judge you. They don’t understand.
On their own, the sad, depressed and lost divorcing person will often flounder. And there seems to be a magic that happens when two or more divorcing people get together in community to meet and express their grief and loss, share their stories, and support one another in the journey.
If you are struggling with the emotional roller coaster of divorce, this one-day workshop is an opportunity to connect with other people who are going through what you are experiencing AND to learn how to move beyond whatever is having you feeling stuck, hurt, angry, etc.
You don't have to do it alone.
The day provides significant opportunities for you to:
- be heard, validated, and accepted just as you are
- be introduced to new perspectives to shift your thinking
- be coached through your fears and limiting beliefs
- let go of the old story of the past and become the author of your new one
- connect with others going through similar experiences
- gain insights and skills that will last a lifetime
You’ll be encouraged to set new goals that will move you forward into your new life – wholeheartedly living and loving again. We’ll also have fun in the process. You’ll become part of a community that is committed to helping each other through this difficult time.
Opening Your Heart: Getting Past the Pain of your Divorce –
a One-Day Workshop
Saturday, January 20, 2018
One Day Intensive: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Includes a light lunch
Sharon Woods Center – Auditorium
11450 Lebanon Rd, Sharonville, OH 45241