There are few experiences in life with the ability to shake your faith in yourself, the world, and everything you thought you knew to be true like losing a spouse or life partner. Whether you lost your partner to death or divorce, suddenly you become a “me” instead of a “we” and with that realization comes a bevy of difficult emotions like sadness, loneliness, anger, intolerable grief, and an anxious uncertainty about what the future now holds. And while this is potentially the most painful time of your life, you can create something beautiful and meaningful out of this experience. I'm here to help you do that.
I founded Life’s Next Chapter Coaching on the belief that there is no “right” way to grieve a loss this big. I provide a coaching environment where you can express yourself freely and be where YOU are in the grieving process. In this safe space, you are given the compassion and support you need to move through this difficult time on your terms and transition from heartbreak to whole-heartedly participating in life based on your new vision for yourself.
Research shows that the average amount of time it takes for a person to "recover" from a significant loss is 5-8 years. That's just letting grief "run its course" or taking the "time heals all wounds" approach. It is generally accepted by professionals assisting people in their time of loss that there are certain tasks a grieving person will accomplish as they reintegrate themselves into their lives without their partners. Completing these tasks is the work of mourning.
"What's the difference between grief and mourning?" you may ask. Grief is the container that holds your thoughts, feelings, and experiences of loss. Mourning is when you take that grief you feel on the inside and express it outside yourself. Grief is what happens, mourning is how you respond to what happens. I believe that it is necessary to authentically and consciously mourn your loss in order to reconcile with it, and ultimately be ready to fully engage in rebuilding your life after loss.
Through individual and group coaching, I take people through my Rebuilding Your Life After Loss Program, a proven-effective nine-step process for reconnecting with your heart, reclaiming your power, and re-aligning with your purpose to create your life's next chapter.
Some results from completing the program:
- Greater acceptance of your feelings and freedom of expression
- A clear vision of what you want, why it is important to you, and direction for achieving it
- Measurable progress towards reaching your goals and manifesting your vision
- Release of the energy blocks that keep you stuck in the past
- Established self-care practices that give you the capacity to care for others from the overflow
- Inner peace through embracing the soul lessons of your loss and a greater knowing of your life's purpose
- Completion of unfinished business in your relationship and coming into a greater sense of unconditional loving for yourself and your partner
- Embracing your strengths and encouragement to take on new roles in your life
- Acknowledgment and appreciation for who you are
- Embracing the consciousness of service and giving back in gratitude
- Self-transformation and a transformed life
For more information about this program, Click here